MUSIC BLOG

Welcome to my music blog


Total Hits

Κυριακή 3 Οκτωβρίου 2010

'Glee' Could Have Closed Their Britney Spears Episode With ... Britney Spears!

It's almost like all that Britney Spears stuff didn't go down on Tuesday night's episode of "Glee." As soon as Rachel (Lea Michele) belted out her rendition of Paramore's super awesome tune "The Only Exception," everybody seemed to immediately gravitate toward that unexpected surprise. It was kind of a mindblow after fans sat around for the previous 55 minutes or so completely submerged in all things Britney Spears.


But despite the excellence of "The Only Exception" (and Michele's lovely rendition of it), there were plenty of Britney tunes that could have very easily helped Rachel express her feelings to Finn (Cory Monteith). Here are a few choice Britney tunes that are both adult contemporary-ish (as Mr. Scheuster wanted all along) and emotional.

Much like Rachel, Britney needed her man to give her some emotional support and to verify that he does indeed care for her in "Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know." In the end, Finn's actions spoke louder than his words, but Rachel was sort of the last to know.

Britney's completely heartfelt, Justin Timberlake-inspired ballad "Everytime" really would have ended the episode perfectly. On that In the Zone track, Brit Brit sings: "Everytime I try to fly, I fall/ Without my wings, I feel so small/ I guess I need you, baby/ And every time I see you in my dreams/ I see your face, it's haunting me/ I guess I need you, baby." Need we say more?

It's not about the love of a boy, but really about learning to love yourself and your missteps growing up. Really, the Finn/Rachel relationship is nothing more than two kids not knowing what they are doing. Or, as Britney would say it" Rachel is "[I'm] Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman."

And really, who needs adult contemporary ballad mumbo-jumbo when she could have just proclaimed her love with the ultra-sexy "Boys"? Why? Because sometimes a girl just needs one. And really Rachel needs Finn.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου