MUSIC BLOG

Welcome to my music blog


Total Hits

Δευτέρα 4 Οκτωβρίου 2010

Austin Brown: Nephew of Michael Jackson, Future Star


Austin Brown, a nephew of Michael Jackson and son of MJ's sister Rebbie Jackson, is looking to carry on the family legacy with his debut album 85. The California native plays guitar, keyboards, bass and drums, all at the age of 24.


Here's a little background on the King of Pop's nephew, via People ...

Wanting to improve his life performances, Brown started taking gymnastics. "I told [producer] Rodney [Jerkins], 'I'm going to flip.' He was like, 'You're out of your mind.' So I started taking footage of it and I was like, 'Look I can do a back flip.' "


Aunt Janet Jackson "is the person that I talk to the most in my family," he says. "She knows everything about me. If I couldn't tell my mom, I would tell her. She would take drives with me and talk to me like I was a normal person."

"When you're a kid it's cool to talk to a relative who doesn't look at you like a kid. She took the time to spend with me and be a support system. I would call her about problems at school and she would give me sound advice. She's a great listener."

Raiding the CDs of older sisters Stacy and Yashi, "I would listen to their music like Depeche Mode, Eurythmics, Billy Idol and Tears for Fears, who I loved."

He'd love for Rihanna to remake "Centipede," a hit for his mom Rebbie, written by Michael. [MJ] told me it was one of his favorite songs that he ever worked on," Brown reflects. "I wish somebody would redo it, like Rihanna."

He's working with acclaimed producer Rodney Jerkins (who has worked with Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, Lady Gaga and others) on his new material.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου